2/10/2009

Freezin my arse off

For the past couple days straight we've had what I'm starting a new word for... snain. Snow - rain mixed. I'm not sure why I feel this way about weather, but I would rather it just rained, or snowed, not both. I'm the same about drizzle, rain or just be cloudy for frig sakes.

It's been sitting around 2 celcius here for 2 straight days, and on top of the cool temperatures, I can't figure out the central heating system in this house. When I first got here over a week ago it was 7 celcius in this house, I somehow figured it out enough to turn on the heat, and got it warmer within a day or two. Last night, the heat shutoff again, can't get it back, so it's effing cold in here. I'll get some help with it if it lasts another day or two, cuz it's getting quite cold.

Yes, this is the most boring post ever, but I'm scrounging right now, there's no new news, and I'm cold...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the Dutch heating systems have heated water running through radiators. I believe in old homes like yours, there is no central thermostat, rather each heater having a knob on the side, which you can open up to allow the water to start running through. The heat received from these radiators is never instant ... it can take up to a few hours to get some heat from it. Once you turn it off, it takes several hours to shut the heat off ... nothing like our instant forced air [gas] heat.
Hey Jessica... is that so... or is that "old school"????

LB 44 said...

You're right, but knew all of this. It's just not coming on. Well wasn't it kicked on somehow in the middle of the night and got up to 27 C in the house this morning, had to open a friggin window.

Anonymous said...

ha ha... maybe in your case it works with !/2 day delay!!rupent